YesUpHost Toronto Data Center
YesUpHost is a leading dedicated server hosting service provider in Toronto, Canada. It is the new sister addition to YesUp Ecommerce Solutions Inc. (YesUp). It was launched during YesUp’s 10th year of operation after many months of vigorous background work. YesUpHost serves businesses of all sizes. Each of our server will ensure 99.9% up time, minimal latency and high upload/download speeds to match our client's needs. Behind our glass doors, each server has Tier 1 status. Our state-of-the-art 40,000 square foot green data center and dedicated team make all the magic happen.
YesUp was founded in 1999. It was incorporated in 2001 under the name YesUp Ecommerce Solutions Inc., and can be found at Toronto, Canada (North America). It delivers e-commerce solutions to its clients in areas of high quality design, programming, technical expertise and marketing innovation. Its vision with each and every service is simple:
To create simplicity from complexity. We deliver innovative solutions that will serve the demands of today while anticipate and fulfill the needs of tomorrow.
What is Dedicated Server Hosting?
Dedicated server hosting (or dedicated hosting) service is a type of Internet hosting where the user can rent a server from the hosting provider. This gives the user full control to manage their server for things like:
- Operating system updates
- Firewall services
- Application management
- Backups and restoration
- Application front end hardware
- IPS based prevention
- DDS based defense
- Blackholing and sinkholing
- Clean pipes
YesUpHost’s Solution, we will:
- Deliver stable dedicated server hosting and ensure 99.9% uptime.
- Maintain robust infrastructure (ie. server, cabinet, cables) to support our growing green data center.
- Provide helpful recommendations while responding to your feedback.
- Monitor your server assets with top security at all times.
- Reflect, review and research to provide unmatched customer experiences.
- Our power supply will almost never have to completely shut off with our Uninterruptible Power Supply. With A- and B-feeds available, power outages will be avoided by auto-switching power sources, hence achieving N+1 redundancy. Each dedicated server is protected in this way.
- We cool the equipment to 16–24 °C (61–75 °F) and maintain a humidity range of 40–55% with natural methods, such as using our raised floor technology. Our cooling technology is generated free, 75% of the year! Your server will run on green energy as well.
A distributed denial-of-service attack (DDoS attack) occurs when someone makes a network supply unavailable for its users. This attack could be related to an attacker disrupting a hosting service so that one cannot connect to the web.
While these are violations under IAB’s Internet proper use policy, it is a fact that DDoS still happens. YesUpHost realizes this. We are equipped with tools to mitigate the chances of these DDoS attacks.
In order to prevent illegitimate traffic from crawling through and performing DDoS attacks, the following tools have been set in place:
What does a “Green Data Center” mean?
Operating a data center to run each of our 50,000+ dedicated server requires a lot of power to run as well as to cool the equipment. To address this issue, a green data center will minimize the power exerted through such operations.
A large data center could lead to higher power densities, meaning higher costs for power. To mitigate this, YesUpHost uses infrastructure that is more power efficient.
This recycled energy helps us create a self sustaining environment. Now, we have more control over our infrastructure.
Why we do it
The environment is a huge factor at YesUp. We keep our business environmentally friendly because a healthy environment can bring us cleaner air, positive energy and hence, better dedicated server performance.
A Tour of Our Data Center
Real Estate Summary
40,000 Sq Ft Total Building Size = 35,000 Sq Ft Total Available Raised flooring
- Biometric and key card security system
- Staffed 24/7 by YesUp’s data center engineers
- Raised flooring design for cooling efficiency
- Multiple electric entries
- Multiple fiber optic connections entries
- Perfected design for server cooling, efficiency and power reduction
- Dedicated-server-safe fire suppression system with early pre-fire detection mechanism
Our data center is equipped with a closed camera surveillance system. We use it to keep track of the data center 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The activity is recorded and archived in real time. Access to the data center is controlled by access card readers, biometric readers used to verify finger prints and a series of surveillance cameras. This protects our dedicated server equipment from unwanted visitors.
- 24/7 Security Management
- Biometric & card access system
- CCTV Surveillance
- Locking cabinets and/or cages
Data Center Layout & Raised Flooring
Dedicated Server: Setup so our technicians can access them easily and fix issues in a timely fashion. They are secured in their cabinets and accessed using keys.
Cabinets: Designed to have integrated cooling systems and secured access using keys. They are carefully spaced so each server remains at the ideal temperature level.
Raised Flooring Technology: Ensures uniform air circulation, efficiently cools the data center and allows for clean cable management.
Consistent Power Supply
- AC and DC Power available
- Diesel Generator with 14 days standby
- Multiple High voltage feed provided by Toronto Hydro
Our data center is fully equipped with Dedicated Uninterruptible Power using a UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) and Diesel Generators. The electrical system is first duplicated (A-side and B-side power supplies). If the power fails on one end, there will be an automatic switch over to the other end. This helps us achieve N+1 redundancy in the system. Therefore, in case of a power failure, the UPS and Diesel Generators will automatically and instantaneously kick in. Your dedicated server will virtually never stop running unless you say so!
Ventilation & Temperature Control
Our data center has a full cooling system, powered by LIEBERT equipment. All cooling equipments are linked to separate compressors. This ensures a constant temperature and humidity level in the data center. Temperature is kept constant at all times so each dedicated server runs at maximum performance.
- Rooftop access available
- VESDA – Very Early Smoke Detection Apparatus
- Dry pipe pre-action fire suppression system
- Under-floor leak-detection system
- Dock-level shipping and receiving
- Secured receiving area designed to hold customer equipment
Disaster recovery workspace
- Workstation Pods available including; phone, internet access, workstations